He organized and chaired the 1984 Tesla Centennial Symposium and the 1986 International Tesla Symposium and was president of the International Tesla Society, a not for profit corporation formed as a result the first symposium. As Project Manager for Project Tesla, Mr. Grotz aided in the design and construction of a recreation of the equipment Nikola Tesla used for wireless transmission of power experiments in 1899 in Colorado Springs. Mr. Grotz received his B.S.E.E. from the University of Connecticut in 1973.
In December of 1997, Grotz visited India to perform an independent set of measurements of the Tewari SPG. Using calibrated high-accuracy instruments, traceable to the National Bureau of Standards, tests were conducted that confirm Tewari\'s measurements.
Mr. Grotz has been involved on both sides of the energy equation: exploring for oil, gas and geothermal resources using seismic and magneto-telluric methods, and working in the utility industry in coal, natural gas, and nuclear power plants. Providing design and management of raw water systems for power plants he has experience with the pumping, piping, and controls needed for large water supply systems. He also has recent experience working with research and production of probiotics and microbes for bioremediation, wastewater management, animal health, and aquaculture.
- NASA To Search For Energy, NEN Vol. 6, No. 9, May 1999.
- Letter On the 1998 International Symposium on New Energy (INE-98), NEN Vol. 6, No. 5, Sept. 1998.
- Binding Forces: and the Smith Coil, NEN Vol. 6, No. 3, July 1998.
- Finding the Energy of the Future: Book Review of \"The Coming Energy Revolution\", Nov. 1997.
- Survey and Critical Review of Recent Innovative Energy Conversion Technologies, Paper, Oct. 1997.
- Review and Status of Reported Innovative Energy Conversion Technologies, Contrasted Using A Consistent R&D Ranking Scale, Paper, Oct. 1997.
- Paper on Earl Koenig: The Use Of Mirror Image Symmetry In Coil Winding, NEN Vol. 5, No. 4, Aug. 1997.
- T. Henry Moray And the Transmutation of Elements, March 1997 NEN.
- The Influence of Vedic Philosophy On Nikola Tesla\'s Understanding of Free Energy
- \"A Critical Overview,\" A Paper by Patrick Bailey and Toby Grotz, 1993
- Wireless Engineering Incorporated. Web Site, July 1996.