Tunnel effect applicable on macroscopic objects wehen velocity approaches c

• Tunnel effect applicable on macroscopic objects wehen velocity approaches c

Posted by Jan Olof on October 22, 2023 at 9:13 pm

I found an interesting feature of Special Relativity Theory (SRT) and Quantum Mechanics (QM), when they “meet”. According to the SRT, the maximum possible velocity is c, the speed of light. According to the SRT, an object becomes infinitesimally small as its velocity approaches c, seen from the observer’s reference system K (i.e. on earth). However, if an object becomes very small, it may tunnel across a potential barrier, the so-called tunnel effect.

According to the SRT, as the velocity of an object approaches c, the energy approaches infinity and hence, it has been expected so far that it is impossible to achieve any higher velocity.

But if the object becomes increasingly small, it may jump over the state, in which the energy becomes infinite. Hence, provided that velocities higher than c are physically possible, the jump may occur.

Please see my paper in 2016 PR “Explanation of How the Speed of Light May be Exceeded without Violating the Requirement of Infinite Energy”, Proceedings of the CNPS, College Park, MD, USA, 2016,

http://www.naturalphilosophy.org//pdf//abstracts/abstracts_paperlink_7399.pdf

Jan Olof replied 6 months, 1 week ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.