Newton’s mistake

• Newton’s mistake

Posted by John-Erik on September 22, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Newton was a very famous scientist, but he ignored a hypothesis given to him by his friend Fatio. The laws of motion are mathematically derived and predict spherical form on the field of gravity. However, today we have found the that very close to a not perfect sphere the field of gravity is not a perfect sphere. Fatio’s model could have explained this fact.

So, Newton made a mistake, and it is common that a famous scientist can get acceptance for wrong ideas.

See below ________ John-Erik

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354765567_How_Newton's_gravity_gave_us_Big_Bang

John-Erik replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • John-Erik

September 25, 2021 at 11:56 am

Newton –> Fatio

Newton described an effect by mathematics. His model can be developed to be independent of the form of the gravitating body. Then the model can be united with Newton’s model.

Fatio explained a reason by physical arguments. Fatio regarded gravity as a falling ether. A falling ether around a celestial body can explain red shift without assuming the body to move. Fatio does not need the Big Bang model. I have advocated a falling ether for many years.

I am very, very, very sorry that no one in CNPS will discuss with me this important question.

With best regards from _________________ John-Erik

• John-Erik

September 25, 2021 at 11:58 am

Sorry

should be can be united with Fatio’s model

• Steven

September 30, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Newton made the same mistake Einstein made. They assumed the behavior of planetary bodies (large clumps of mostly neutral matter) in the electromagnetic field of the sun was the same way the rest of the universe would behave (99.9% plasma).

Of course they were wrong and as such neither theory works beyond the solar system.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Steven.
    • John-Erik

October 8, 2021 at 6:06 pm

Steven

Newton’s big mistake was that he did not see that his law is valid only for gravity from perfect spheres. For real bodies Newton’s law is only an approximation.

I explained that in my paper.

John-Erik