The falling ether

• Creator
    Discussion

John-Erik
    Participant

The ether must explain light and gravity and the longitudinal force of gravity means that ether must have mass. So, it is reasonable to assume ether to behave like matter and also tell matter how to move. This can be done if the ether (like matter) is falling with the escape velocity towards Earth. Although you cannot see the light you nevertheless can an feel the effect of the ether wind in your bottom just now.

Newton’s law was derived by math from Kepler’s laws. The mathematical origin seems to contain a mathematical demand ignored by Newton and the spherical symmetry in gravity can demand a perfect symmetry in the gravitating body. So, Newton’s law is a mathematical relation that needs a generalization to be valid in physics with aspherical bodies. This can easily be done by applying the law to small volume elements and do an integration.

In this modified form we find that unification is possible with the mechanism for gravity that Newton got from his friend Fatio. So, it appears to be a great mistake by Newton to say that he needed no hypothesis.

I started to advocate a falling ether 20 years ago and after that I have found more and more arguments in this direction. In this long time period I have got no comments on this falling ether. In my opinion we should help each other by critical thinking but no one has commented on the falling ether, neither pro nor con. David said that we should think outside the box but when I do so I am told that I am ignorant. I have become a dissident in relation to dissidents and most members will not talk to me.

In my opinion a falling ether is a very natural idea and I agree to the statement that physics without an ether is unthinkable (an experienced professor) not superfluous (a young patent clerk).

I hope to get more feedback on this thread.

With best regards from _______________ John-Erik

• The falling ether

John-Erik updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 38 Replies
  • John-Erik

May 11, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Jerry

I write at the bottom of this list.

The effect in the measuring arm in MMX is caused by ether wind on 2 antiparallel transverse forces in light causes a second order reduction of 2-way light speed. The separation between atoms in a crystal is controlled by 2 antiparallel longitudinal forces between the atoms and this causes reduction of inter-atomic spacing of the same magnitude. So, a real effect is compensated.

John-Erik

• John-Erik

May 12, 2022 at 11:56 am

David

https://www.gsjournal.net/Science-Journals/Essays/View/8874https://www.gsjournal.net/Science-Journals/Essays/View/8874

Potier started a debate between 1882 and 1887 that light (in conflict with the wave model) takes a different way in the reference arm due to transverse ether wind. This mistake gave us the idea that observed light direction was believed to be reduced by a factor 1/GAMMA. This opened the way for the absurd idea of time dilation. It was not observed that in coherent systems mirrors are used to define c – not c+v.

The mistake was that orientation of wave fronts is assumed to be tilted in the reference arm in MMX. Such tilting was also in error assumed for stellar aberration. However, stellar aberration is independent of ether wind, but instead caused by observer motion, since light has a finite speed. Copernicus told us to compensate for position in relation to Sun, but he forgot to tell us that we also should compensate for velocity in relation to Sun. Such a compensation explains pulsar aberration as a Sagnac effect, that can be united with an existent ether.

So, Potier long time ago made a mistake that we still are suffering from in our belief in individual ageing and the acceptation of the absurd Lorentz transform.

We do not need time dilation indicated only in atomic clocks and that behaviour has a classical explanation in the fact that bound electrons are moving forth and back in relation to the ether wind.

The transition from light particles to light waves is not yet finished since we not understand the wave model.

John-Erik

• John-Erik

May 12, 2022 at 12:02 pm

David, the link did not work.

The article is “How stellar aberration gave us individual ageing”.

John-Erik

• John-Erik

May 14, 2022 at 9:26 am

David

If you do not accept my ideas give me at least one argument.

With best regards from ________________ John-Erik

• John-Erik

May 18, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Marco

Bon apetite

John-Erik

Page 2 of 2

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
X